What is Equity Release?
It is a way of taking some of the value of your property as cash to help you do the things you would like to do. The property remains yours and if you wish you can still leave some inheritance to whoever you wish.
You have the opportunity to spend the money on whatever you want, after all it is yours. You could for example:
- Fund home improvements
- Subsidise your income
- Help family
- Clear other mortgages or debts
- Pay for holidays
- Fund a new car
- Buy that something that you have always wanted
In fact you have the freedom to spend the tax free cash as and when you choose
Retired Home Owners
Release tax free cash from your property Want to release equity from your property whilst retaining ownership, through a lifetime mortgage?
Points To Consider
Releasing Equity could affect entitlement to means tested state benefits.
Releasing Equity will reduce the value of your estate over time.
If you invest the money, your tax position could be affected.
‘Equity Release’ includes home reversion plans and lifetime mortgages. To understand the features and risks, ask for a personalised illustration.
With a lifetime mortgage every year interest is added to the amount you owe. This will reduce the remaining equity in your home. If you live a long time or house prices fall, there may be no equity left for your heirs to inherit.
Benefits to you
- You receive an amount of tax free money to spend on whatever you want.
- You can continue to keep ownership of your home and the value left in your home goes to your estate when you die.
- If you wish to move you can. There may be lending criteria to be achieved depending on the provider and the property you wish to move to.
- As this is a lifetime mortgage you do not need to make any payments, the loan is paid on your death and the remaining value is left to your estate.
- Interest is rolled up instead of being paid and interest is repaid when you die.
- You do not need to take all the cash in one go you can draw it down when you need it. This will keep the interest charged lower.
- All providers used offer a guarantee that you never owe more than the value of your home
We act as introducers to a specialist licenced company who provide this service and will explain what is involved.