Enhanced Annuity, Rates & Quote Form
Could you Qualify?
Conditions that qualify for Enhanced Annuities are split into 2 categories, Lifestyle conditions and Health conditions.
Lifestyle conditions look at what you do and how this could effect your life expectancy. The conditions that typically qualify for an Enhanced Annuity are as follows:
- Smoking – If you have smoked more than 10 cigarettes a day over a period of time then you may qualify for an enhanced annuity.
- Alcohol – The measures required to qualify would be in excess of around 50 units a week (a pint of beer is normally 2 units).
- Weight – If you are over weight you could again qualify again for an enhancement to the annuity rate.
- High Blood Pressure – If you have high blood pressure and you are taking medication to control it you may qualify. It does not matter that it may be controlled you may still qualify for an enhanced annuity. We will need to understand your medication and your readings as well as dates when you were diagnosed.
- High Cholesterol – Again if you have high cholesterol and you are taking medication you may qualify for an enhanced annuity. We will again need to understand your medication and your readings as well as dates when you were diagnosed.
When the pension providers look at health conditions they are taking into account the impact that these conditions may have on your life expectancy. If they believe that on average someone with a condition normally dies earlier than someone who has not then the annuity rate will be enhanced accordingly. Below is an indication of some of the conditions that may qualify but this is not exhaustive.
- Cancers – Including leukaemia, lymphoma, tumour and growths. If you have suffered with cancer you may qualify for an enhanced annuity. We will need to understand the type of cancer, when you were diagnosed and what treatment you have had or are having.
- Heart Conditions – Including Heart Attack, Angina, Valve disorders, Atrial Fibrillation. If you have been diagnosed with any heart conditions you may qualify for an enhancement. We will again need to understand the medication and treatment you have received.
- Diabetes – Including both type 1 and 2. We will need to understand the type of diabetes and the treatment you are receiving.
- Stroke – Including both major and mini strokes. As well as the treatment and medication we will need to understand the impact the stroke has had on you.
- Respiratory/lung disease – This includes CAOD and COPD, Emphysema, Asthma, Bronchiectasis. Any of these conditions can provide an enhanced annuity. We need to understand the impact on your lungs, the impact on your daily life as well as the medication that you are taking.
- Multiple Sclerosis – We need to understand the medication and impact that it is having on your life to enable us to identify what level of enhancement we can achieve.
- Other Neurological Diseases – Including Senile Dementia, Vascular Dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease could all provide an Enhanced Annuity.
If you are on any medication and your condition is either controlled or not you or if you have been hospitalised you may qualify, we suggest that you tell us about all your conditions and we can identify what may qualify for an enhanced annuity.
We aim to gain full individual underwriting for our clients which can provide greater income…
Not all companies are the same…
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO SHOP THE “OPEN MARKET” YET ONLY 44% OF PEOPLE TAKE THIS OPTION.
There is a significant difference between the income you can receive from the various pension providers , which may not be made obvious to you. We have the knowledge and experience to shop the market for you to obtain the most suitable option.